Hey! You're here because you're one of our awesome affiliates and you want access to our affiliate training series all at once, right this second. (We love your enthusiasm!) Ready? Dive in!
[SSB Affiliates] How to make money as a Bundle affiliate -- and what to do with it
You’re officially signed up as an affiliate for the 2017 Solopreneur Success Bundle, which means you’re an integral part of our favorite week of the year -- Bundle Week! It’s a chaotic, adrenaline-filled, exhilarating week and we’re so excited that you get to share the fun with us. We aren’t B.S.-ing when we say that we couldn’t do it without you.
As a reminder, Bundle Week kicks off at 12:01am on Monday, September 18 and goes until 11:59pm on Friday, September 22. Mark those calendars!
Last year, we sold over 350 Bundles at $99 each. That means over $35,000 in income, with a huge portion of that paid back out to affiliates.
Imagine you sell 20 Bundles to your community -- that’s an extra $594 in your bank account. You could invest it in index funds and turn it into over $1,200 in 10 years.* You could spend it on a live business bootcamp and turn the knowledge you gain into additional income each month. Heck, you could spend it on coffee and turn it into a lot of productive afternoons.
Now imagine you put in a little bit more effort (with our strategic help, of course!) and sell 40 Bundles. Your $1,188 could become $2,500 over 10 years, could buy you another bootcamp, or could upgrade those tall coffees to ventis. Who wouldn’t be on board with that?
Ready to claim your share of Bundle revenue this year, while promoting a well-respected business product with a proven track record of sales and customer satisfaction? (/infomercial speak.) We’re here to help. We’ll admit, it’s not completely selfless. The more you earn, the more we earn. And that means more money to reinvest back into One Woman Shop.
Here are the win/win action steps that we’ll be encouraging you to do over the next few weeks:
- Review the Swipe File (coming soon) to get a full understanding of the Bundle
- Start generating and tracking interest in the Bundle within your community
- Brainstorm a product that you could bundle with the Bundle (#meta)
- Draft dedicated emails to your list
- Write and schedule a blog post on your site
- Write and schedule social media posts
- Make yourself a launch day to-do list
We’ll be giving you the same marketing plan that we’re using, because we want you to be as successful as possible. Mostly, we want to keep things simple and easy for you. We’re not asking you to spend every waking minute thinking about the Bundle. (Even though we are...) We know it’s not your core business, so we appreciate any and everything you do to spread the word about the Bundle.
To envisioning your Bundle earnings --
Cristina + Sara
*We’ll admit, these estimates came straight from Google. We highly recommend contacting an actual financial advisor once you’re ready to invest those Bundle earnings 😉
[SSB Affiliates] Be a tease!
Us, again. Today, we're dropping in to encourage you to start doing something that we'd only recommend in certain circumstances: Be a tease.
The task: Create a page on your site teasing the upcoming Bundle, where your community can opt-in to express early interest in the Bundle. For reference, here’s ours. Nothin' fancy, really: Easy, sleek, simple.
The goal: Get a jump on building excitement for the Bundle, so that when the clock strikes 12:01am EST on September 18th, you've got fellow solopreneurs ready to hit that buy button!
But what good is a landing page if nobody lands on it?
- Adding P.S. notes with a link to your landing page to your upcoming blog posts
- Adding P.S. notes with a link to your landing page to your upcoming emails
- Scheduling tweets with a link to your teaser landing page
- Scheduling Facebook posts with a link to your landing page
Need some copy for your teaser landing page, P.S. notes, and social media posts? We've got you.
Here's the 140-character summary: @OneWomanShop’s Solopreneur Success Bundle: coming for 5 days only, starting 9/18! Be the first to know when it’s live: [insert landing page link]
Here's a clever copy idea for the sassy (many more ideas to come in the Swipe File!): Things that don’t last: pint of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, 99% of Tinder relationships, your summer tan, that bottle of Pinot Grigio -- and the Solopreneur Success Bundle. It's coming for 5 days only, starting September 18th! Be the first to find out when it's live: [insert landing page link]
Questions? Don't hesitate to hit reply. Meanwhile, we'll be over here, staying busy caffeinating and trying to control our excitement as the countdown to Bundle Week continues...
To teasing for all the right reasons --
Sara + Cristina
[SSB Affiliates] Ready to get perky?
Well hey, again!
Now that you're fully into tease-mode, generating interest in the Bundle with that landing page (how'd that go for you?), it's time to answer a pretty heavy question: Why should peeps buy the Solopreneur Success Bundle from you?
Told you we were getting heavy. But let's not get too existential; we <3 simplicity. After all, we know your community knows you, likes you, and trusts you. But even when they know, like, and trust you, perks don’t hurt, are we right?
Which brings us to our next task: Brainstorm a perk that you could bundle with the Bundle. (#meta)
Why think about this now? A few reasons: For one, it may take a bit to settle on an idea and bring it to life, and, secondly, it'll play into -- and perhaps even guide -- your marketing and copy, come Bundle Week!
What do we mean by a perk? Here are some ideas of what you might offer people who buy the Bundle through your affiliate link:
- An ebook, mini e-course, workbook, worksheet, or video series that pertains to your expertise (maybe you've already got something created or can repurpose old content to create something new)
- Access to a private Facebook Group just for Bundle purchasers
- Invitation to a weekly/monthly live group accountability/mastermind call
- A $5 gift card to Starbucks or Amazon (It might sound like a lot but you’ll still net $24.70 per purchase!)
- A free, 1:1 consult session
- A donation to a charity close to your heart and/or Kiva (i.e. for every purchase through your link, you’ll give a set percentage or dollar amount to a specific organization)
- A shout out on Twitter and/or a mention in an email to your list
- Free ad space on your site for a specific period
Now, don't get us wrong...
We're realistic. We don't think you should be giving away the farm just to get an additional $29.70 in commission. Adding even a modestly-valued perk (or perhaps something that's exclusive and can't be accessed otherwise) will show your gratitude to purchasers...without leaving you penniless.
Ready to get perky?
Here's some grab-and-go language you might use in your marketing: "Buy the Bundle through my link to receive [perk] -- just forward me your receipt upon purchase, and I'll send it your way!"
To feeling like Oprah, on the regular --
Cristina + Sara
[SSB Affiliates] Your single greatest weapon as a Bundle affiliate
We’d wager a bet that over the course of your solo biz journey, you’ve learned a thing or two about email marketing. (And if you haven’t? There’s a pretty great email marketing resource in the Bundle. #spoileralert)
Today, we’re encouraging you to draft and schedule several emails to your list for both leading up to and during Bundle Week. Why? Because we’ve found that emails are by far the highest-converting method of communication for both us and previous affiliates.
So...we’ve established that your email list is most likely your single greatest weapon for killing those Bundle sales.
But your greatest weapon for kick-butt emails? This Swipe File. It’s chockful of grab-and-go copy as well as clever content ideas that can be turned into emails to your list, blog posts, social media posts, Facebook Ads, and more.
But back to just emails for now. Here’s a sample email marketing promotional calendar with when you might want to send a few emails:
- Before Bundle Week (between 9/11 and 9/15): 1 email to your whole list
- During Bundle Week (9/18-9/22): 2-3 emails to your whole list
- During Bundle Week (9/18-9/22): 1 email retarget* to your Bundle interest list
Now head on over to the Swipe File to get ideas for the what for your emails. (Don’t forget to grab your affiliate link for use throughout all your copy!)
A quick tip: If you don’t generally email your list often, it’s probably not cool to pop in three times in one week. Don’t be afraid to make more contact than usual, but don’t risk alienating your audience on our behalf 🙂
*Not sure what a retarget is or how to do it? A retarget is making additional contact with those who have expressed the most interest in purchasing the Bundle -- i.e. they entered their email address on your Bundle landing page or they clicked a link within one of the emails sent to your whole list. You can pull a list of subscribers who match this criteria and send an email just to them. (While technically this list won’t be populated just yet, that doesn’t mean you can’t draft an email just for them right now.)
So -- that was a lot. Need support on copy and/or technical set-up? Just hit reply and we’ll help you out! Now have fun getting those emails locked and loaded 🙂
Cristina + Sara
[SSB Affiliates] Copy and paste, then take a nap
In our last affiliate training email to you, we encouraged you to write dedicated emails to your list about the Solopreneur Success Bundle. Maybe you wrote a stellar email about an awesome perk that you’re bundling with the Bundle. Maybe you wrote a heartfelt story about what success means to you as a solopreneur. Maybe you swiped our insanely clever copy, word for word. (Hey, no shame in the game, that’s why it’s there.) Or maybe you went a little rogue and created your own sassy copy. #rebellife
Your mission today, should you choose to accept it: Copy and paste those emails into blog posts and call it a day.
Kidding -- kind of. In all seriousness, you can repurpose your emails into blog posts, since there’s a good chance you’ll be hitting a different audience with each platform. And you can generally get away with more blog posts than emails, since they tend to be less in-your-face than emails.
Here’s a sample blog post promotional calendar to get you started (more details on each idea over in the Swipe File):
- Before Bundle Week (between 9/11 and 9/15): 2-3 blog posts
- What success mean to you as a solopreneur -- with a teaser about how the Solopreneur Success Bundle helps business owners get there
- How a commitment to learning serves you in your solo business -- and why the Solopreneur Success Bundle is the perfect resource
- A back-to-school pop quiz that teases the Bundle
- During Bundle Week (9/18-9/22): 4 blog posts
- An overview of the Bundle with the complete product list or special focus on 1-2 products
- A special offer to your community (#perks) or do-gooder focused (#Kiva)
- Responding to potential objections/FAQs
- Last call/things that don’t last
Tip: In the Swipe File, you’ll notice that we encourage use of an awesome countdown ticker to create a sense of urgency for potential Bundle purchasers. Grab the code and put it front and center in your blog posts, along with some eye-catching graphics. (Which are also in the Swipe File. Okay...what isn’t?)
The calendar above is just a starting point -- you know your community and what resonates with them, so stay true to yourself. (Cue Ziggy Marley.)
Sara + Cristina
[SSB Affiliates] Get visual. Get social. (Get sales.)
Did you know that…
- Tweets with graphics are retweeted 150% times more than those without?
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3x more engagement than those without?
- Instagram posts with images do 1000% better than those without? (We’ve got jokes…)
Laughs aside, we want you to be able to flaunt stats like that as a Solopreneur Success Bundle affiliate. That’s why, in your Swipe File (of course!), you’ve got some beautifully-designed and beautifully-organized graphics, thanks to our designer Christie’s talent and co-head honcho Sara’s Type A-ness.
Time to put them to use! Today, we’re encouraging you to draft and schedule social media posts for Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
Now, we know that graphics are only half of the equation. So, over in the grab-and-go copy section of the Swipe File, you’ll find pre-drafted social media posts, divided into 140 characters or under and 140 characters or over. Pair those with the included graphics and bam -- the Bundle basically sells itself. (No magic wand, necessary -- though highly encouraged.)
Tip/reminder: Be sure to fill in each social update with your affiliate link. Want to clean that affiliate link up? Shorten your affiliate link with bit.ly and make it uniquely yours.
You’ve got the graphics. You’ve got the copy. Go forth and make magic!
Cristina + Sara
[SSB Affiliates] Who doesn’t love a good list? (Launch day prep, inside!)
It’s the final day of the affiliate training series for the Solopreneur Success Bundle, so we knew we had to leave you with something pretty epic.
Which naturally meant a list. (#nerdalert)
In support of our overall goal to equip you with everything you could ever need to market the Solopreneur Success Bundle AND stay sane in the process, we present to you: The SSB Launch Day To-Do List. (Very, very official.)
Here are a few things you might want to do, come Monday, September 18th (any time after 12:01am EST):
- Make a delicious cup of steaming hot coffee
- Update your email signature with a fun SSB teaser + your affiliate link (Hint: grab any of the grab-and-go copy from the Swipe File to make this insanely easy)
- Swap out the pop-up on your site to tease the Bundle
- Go live on your favorite social network to share your excitement about the Bundle (Instagram Stories, Snapchat, Facebook Live...you know the drill)
- Pour your coffee into a giant, fun mug (ours say “Fuck yeah”...)
- Send personalized emails to people you feel could benefit from buying the Bundle (be sure to tell them you’re an affiliate -- no shadiness!)
- Double-check your social media queue to make sure it’s locked and loaded
- Pin a tweet about the Bundle to the top of your Twitter profile (on the tweet, select “Pin to your profile page”)
- Sip that coffee
- Post in a Facebook Group (your own or another, with permission); pin the post to the top if you’re able
- Let those FB Ads loose into the world and keep the dashboard up to split test
- Email Cristina and Sara to let them know how much fun you’re having (we love hearing from you!)
- Refill that coffee
- Watch your inbox for notifications of each sale made through your affiliate link!
Of course, these are just a few ideas of what you might want to be doing come launch day -- in addition to those emails, blog posts, and social updates you’ve prepared as we’ve made our way through this affiliate training series.
The rest, our friends, is up to you. Go crazy, or don’t. Tell all your friends, or just a few. There is no set expectation for promotion, but with a 30% commission on every sale and increasing eligibility for cash bonuses with each purchase through your affiliate link, we find it pretttty fun (and rewarding!) to do as much as possible.
Questions? Hit reply, any time. We’re here to help! (And cheer you on.)
To spreading solopreneur success --
Sara + Cristina
P.S. We’ve thrown a lot your way throughout this affiliate training series, and you’ve likely produced quite a bit of content along the way. We’ve created a super simple plug ‘n play calendar that can help you organize that content as you start to promote. Make a copy of the View-Only version, and make it your own!