This list of tools and resources is (and probably always will be!) a work in progress, so be sure to stay tuned and let us know if you have any favorites to add!
Courses, Worksheets, E-books, + Programs
- Stress Less & Impress: a self-paced e-course from Leah Kalamakis of Freelance to Freedom designed to help you you streamline your freelance process and turn your clients into raving fans.
- Small Business Bodyguard: designed to help you protect yourself and your small business legally- chockfull of cheat sheets, checklists, worksheets, and templates to help you CYA (cover your ass-ets).
- SkillCrush: an interactive learning platform that teaches digital skills through Blueprints.
- BluChic: feminine, chic WordPress themes
- NoseGraze: WordPress themes, plugins, + more
- Elegant Themes: premium WordPress themes; buy access to all 87 themes for $39 (that's $.48 per theme)
- Creative Market: some awesome finds from independent designers
- Restored 316 Designs: feminine WordPress themes built on the Genesis framework
- Themezilla: WordPress themes and plugins for designers, developers, artists, photographers, bloggers and business owners
- Designer Blogs: Blogger templates for $15
- BlueHost: our web host of choice
- HootSuite: a social media dashboard for scheduling and managing with one or more accounts
- Click to Tweet: a tool for creating pre-drafted tweets that others can send out. See more on Tools We Love: Click to Tweet
- Viraltag: schedule and monitor pins
- ManageFlitter: helps clean up your Twitter account by unfollowing inactive and spam accounts
Client Onboarding and Project Management
- Dubsado: the service-based solopreneurs go-to platform for all things client and project management. Submit and sign contracts, invoices, project deliverables, create workflows, and set deadlines and schedule appointments.
Course, Membership, and Digital Product Hosting
- Podia: For solopreneurs who want to offer digital products ranging from courses to memberships, Podia makes it possible to craft landing pages, sales pages, host your products, and build out your courses, while also offering affiliate capabilities!
- Boomerang: an email plugin that allows you to send emails later, as well as return emails to your inbox if no one has responded to them. See more: 7 Creative Uses for Boomerang
- Rapportive: a plugin that allows you to see the social media profiles of your email contacts in the right sidebar of your email
- YouCanBook.Me: a tool that links with Google Calendar to allow people to book time on your calendar. Eliminates the back-and-forth calendar shuffle when setting a meeting time! See more in our interview series with three YouCanBook.Me users
- Doodle: like YouCanBook.Me, but for easily scheduling a group event or meeting
- Moz Link Explorer: perform competitive link research, explore backlinks, anchor text, and more to help your site's SEO
- Google Drive: in our opinion, the best way to share documents, collaborate with others, and give your clients access to important information
- HelloSign: an electronic signature service that allows you to send documents via email and get a legally binding signature.
- Evernote: the best note-taking app ever, in our humble opinion
- Feedly: an easy way to follow all of your favorite blogs and websites (like One Woman Shop!) in one place. See more on Tools We Love: Feedly
- CamScanner: a free phone app that acts as a scanner to turn photos into PDFs (that you can actually read)
Time Management & Productivity
- RescueTime: a service that shows you how you spend your time on the computer and provides tools to help you be more productive
- Pomodoro Technique: a time management method that encourages you to work in 25 minute intervals with a short break in between
- 168 Hours Spreadsheet: record everything you do for a week to see where your time is going and how it can be reassigned
- Resources and Tools for Digital Nomads: 47 tools, websites, and items for location independent business owners
We may receive a small commission or payment from some of the companies linked above. As always, we only promote products and services that we think you might benefit from.