It’s officially Location Independence Month (or LIM, because we love acronyms) here at One Woman Shop. So, whether you’re currently on the road, dying to travel, or just want to set up a location-independent business to work from where you want, when you want, we’ve got lots coming your way this month.
Note: we know that full-time travel + being a digital nomad isn’t a lifestyle for everyone. When we talk location independence, we mean setting up your business to have more choice in where and how you work. And if full-time travel is something you aspire to, we’ve got your back there, too!
Why is location independence something we’re talking about in July? Well, there are a few reasons:
- It’s been almost exactly one year since we hosted our first Location Independence Week at One Woman Shop, and we love seeing how things have evolved! (Also, we <3 tradition.)
- Cristina is almost at her one-year travel anniversary and has become a huge advocate for travel. (For those who actually want to, that is -- because life, like business, isn’t one-size-fits-all.)
- Sara loves the freedom her laptop gives her -- and took her business to New Zealand and Australia for 35 days to kick off 2015.
- We’ll both be exercising our location independence this month, working from Rochester + Portland (Sara) and Guatemala + Nicaragua (Cristina)!
Here’s how to get involved:
- Join our #OWSchat with Susan Shain tonight at 9pm EST
- Follow #OWSDigitalNomad on Instagram to see the adventures of our #OneWomanShopBaton carriers throughout the month
- Check out last year’s Location Independence Week resources and interviews
- Stay tuned right here on the blog for more posts coming your way
Ready? We're off!