Each day, we work with fellow One Woman Shops taking their solo businesses to the next level. (How lucky are we?!) We love getting glimpses into how others run their businesses, so we thought it only fair to show you how we run ours! Without further ado, we present to you: this month’s Behind-the-Scenes at One Woman Shop!
Jam sessions are the name of the game at One Woman Shop. We kick off each month with a half-day session where we plan out the month’s goals, so that future jam sessions can be devoted to getting...shit...done. We take it seriously, but always welcome laughing outbursts, nap breaks, and the (occasional) 4pm glass of wine. (After a day of caffeine of course. Stay hydrated, friends.) Without further ado, our June recap...
Things that we made happen in June:
- Launched (#shipped) our Building Your Online Community (BYOC) e-course, with upgraded coaching options! This baby was months in the making, and it feels SO great to have it out in the digital world.
- Kick-started our next big project, the Solopreneur Success Bundle. (Stay tuned -- we’re looking at a fall launch, and cannot wait!)
- Turned 28 (Sara did, that is) and marveled at how amazing my business partner is when I was surprised with this fantastic birthday post!
- Welcomed an unprecedented amount of members to One Woman Shop. We’re seriously psyched + humbled by the amazing women joining this fantastic community.
How we connected with fellow OWS-ers:
- An awesome #OWSchat with Alexis Grant about income and revenue generation. We discovered that tons of people within our community are interested in creating + launching e-books, among other forms of “passive” income!
- A fun, laid-back chat with Rebecca Tracey of The Uncaged Life (a #100BestSites winner!) about packaging, pricing, and the mistakes that solo business owners make. There may have been some cursing, but it was all in the name of making a point. (Want access? Become a member!)
Fun additions to the Rainy Day File:
- These words from an Espresso Level member who we coach: “Thanks so much for your feedback today - I can already tell this will be one of the best decisions I've made for my business!” (Blushing.)
- Our first appearance on Mashable, thanks to the awesome team over at Skillcrush!
Where we struggled:
- Officially shipping an e-course is daunting. Is it too high-level? Too basic? Will people buy? We fought back a lot of doubts, fears, and hesitations in putting the final touches on Building Your Online Community, knowing that you learn by doing. And heck, we did it.
- It’s summer. It’s sunny. Striking that balance between acting on ALL OF THE IDEAS and taking time to relax and enjoy life can be tough. We’re making it happen with scheduled jam sessions + picking up each other’s slack when necessary. #teamworkmakesthedreamwork
Most popular posts:
- Still popular: 100 Best Sites for Solopreneurs (yup, still!)
- Newly popular: 3 Effortless Ways to Infuse Personality Into Your Brand
- Oldie but goodie: 4 Ways to Stay Accountable to Yourself
What we’re most looking forward to in July:
- Our “Idea Anniversary.” (That’s right, the idea of One Woman Shop was birthed the day after Cristina’s birthday in July of 2013!) We’ve got fun plans to celebrate by empowering our community (and ourselves) to pay it forward!
- Our #OWSchat on location independence with Susan Shain is tomorrow -- Wednesday, July 1 at 9pm EST!
- Our Google Hangout Live chat with the girls of Bucketlist Bombshells about location independence and their new Work Online + Travel the World e-course (again, this is just for members!)
- Working with members through our Facebook Group and coaching as they go through the Building Your Online Community e-course
A quick note from Cristina: I’m really excited to see everything come full-circle this month! We hosted a similar location independence Twitter chat at this time last year when I was still debating about whether to become a digital nomad. Fast-forward a year and I’ve been traveling and living in Central America for 10 months now! I just moved into a beautiful place in Antigua, Guatemala with my friend from New Zealand, who also works online as a writer and travel blogger. To celebrate my mid-July birthday, we’ll be hosting a housewarming party and I’ll be popping down to Nicaragua to visit my friends there.
Roof top view of the church + volcanoes:
A quick note from Sara: This past weekend, I pounded the (incredibly wet) pavement in the Ride For Roswell, a bike race in support of Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Severe weather canceled my 65-mile route, but we hit the road anyway. I raised over $1,000 thanks to incredibly generous friends, family, and digital colleagues, and couldn’t be more grateful! In future news, I’m off to World Domination Summit for the first time in just over a week. The introvert in me is scared to death, while the adventurer in me is incredibly excited to explore Portland, meet virtual friends in person, and open myself to endless inspiration! (Will you be there? Drop me a line -- sara [at] onewomanshop [dot] com!
A small portion of the Andrea's Army team at a rest stop -- right before the storm rolled in:
And, finally, a few behind-the-scenes peeks at our daily work:
Testing our [at]onewomanshop.com email addresses like any normal work buddies would:
Discussing a wonderful invention called Google (once in a while, we forget it’s there…):
And sticking with our awesome nicknames (Peach + Mint, aka Pint. As in pint of ice cream or pint of beer):