If you're like most solo business owners these days, your website includes both static content (like an about section and testimonials) and dynamic content (like blog posts, videos, tutorials, or interviews).
If you like to showcase both of these kinds of content on your site, then BluChic's Dorothy WordPress theme might be for you. BluChic describes the theme as "fresh and functional" and we concur. The homepage features a half-page slider, which means you can highlight your latest content while still giving website visitors a clear picture of who you are and what your business does.
Some of our favorite features of the Dorothy theme:
- The half-page Featured Slider
- The prominent social media buttons in the corner with the words "Get Social"
- The mostly black and white color scheme (which can be changed using CSS)
- The sleek blog layout with built-in "You might also like" feature that showcases related posts
- The option to buy an all-in-one bundle, complete with WordPress theme, social media design, newsletter design, and business card design, for $109
- Responsive design, theme documentation, and Photoshop files (like all BluChic themes)
P.S. Want to see how much editing you can do with a pre-designed theme? We love ProfessionGal's use of the Dorothy theme!
Disclosure: We are part of BluChic’s affiliate program and may receive a commission on sales bought through the links above. However, we are huge fans of BluChic and use their products all the time (including on this site), so all opinions are our own!