every most Monday mornings for Motivation Monday, where we share a helpful “homework” assignment that gives your business a creative boost and gets you thinking (and moving) outside the box each week.
Chances are, you're onboard the social media train- or at least understand the value and are working on it. We love Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest as much as the next solopreneur, but we find that people often forget about good old-fashioned marketing when getting their businesses off the ground. This week, hang flyers or business cards advertising your business in 10 different spots around your city. You never know who might see them and reach out!
A few good places to hang flyers are local coffee shops, gyms and yoga studios, coworking spaces, laundromats, community colleges, Whole Foods and other grocery stores, and libraries.
- Be sure to put pull tabs on your flyer so that people don't have to scramble for a pen and piece of paper
- Starbucks and Panera usually only allow non-profits to hang flyers, so save these spots for advertising an event you're partnering with a non-profit on
- Carry a stack of flyers with you in case you come across a place that allows flyering
- Use bold colors and photos to stand out from the other flyers
- Be sure that your flyers reflect your business branding so that people have a sense of who you are right away
- Consider outsourcing flyer hanging to a local student or TaskRabbit so that you can focus on higher-level tasks