We’re all about finding new, better ones of getting things done in business. What better way to do that then to run experiments?
We are looking for daring women to experiment with different parts of their business in order to find best practices. Aptly named One Woman Experiments, these mini experiments will not only (hopefully) improve your own business, but also inspire other One Woman Shops to test drive new strategies.
Some topics we’re interested in exploring:
- Does adopting the five.sentenc.es email philosophy change your email process for the better?
- Does using the Pomodoro technique improve your productivity and concentration?
- What happens when you adopt the ideas from The 4 Hour Workweek?
- Does working from a coworking space improve your business (productivity, networking, etc)?
- What happens when you take on a bunch of pro bono clients?
- What happens when you declare email bankruptcy?
- When happens when you take a week off from social media?
- Your idea!
Here are a few examples of previous One Woman Experiments:
- One Woman Experiments: The Covey Time Management Matrix
- One Woman Experiments: What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast
- One Woman Experiments: Grammarly
- One Woman Experiments: Learning to Code With Skillcrush (4-part series)
Interested? Please email us with the experiment you’re interested in conducting. We’ll get back to you with feedback on whether it’s a good fit for One Woman Shop. If so, here’s what we’ll need from you:
- 1-2 paragraphs responses to the following:
- What is your experiment and why?
- Tell us your methodology (length of experiment, what you’ll measure, etc)
- How did you feel when you adopted the new practice? Were you more productive/sane/happy? Metrics are great- like “I was able to do x% more in the same amount of time”
- Any revolutionary/surprising insights?
- What was the toughest/best part of your experiment? Do you think you’ll stick with it?
Get more specifics on how and what you should submit in our contributor guidelines.