Craving location independence?
Drop your email below to stay up-to-date on all things location independence!
Here at One Woman Shop, there’s a lot to celebrate: It’s Friday. It’s a fresh month. AND, we’re psyched to kick off our third annual Location Independence Month, where we highlight stories of fellow location-independent and digital nomad solopreneurs, debunk myths related to taking your biz on the road, and share resources for capitalizing on your location independence.
Fun fact: Location Independence Month actually started as Location Independence Week here at the Shop, way back in 2014. After building our incredibly community, not limited to our email list, our blog readers, or our Instagram Baton holders, we soon realized how important the topic of location independence is to solopreneurs, everywhere. So when we brought it back in 2015, we quickly had enough content to consume a month — and here we are, again, wondering how we’ll fit it all in!
Here’s what you can expect from One Woman Shop during Location Independence Month:
- A month of location independence-related content on the blog, including posts on how to be productive while working from the road, what it would really be like to work from a beach all the time, biggest challenges faced in being a digital nomad, and more.
- Live conversations during The Hot Seat over on Blab, where we’re defining location independence versus digital nomadery, debunking myths related to location independence, and talking about how to capitalize on your location independence when you can’t or don’t want to be a full-time digital nomad.
- Honest accounts of the location-independent/digital nomad life through our Baton carriers over on Instagram.
- More fun content added to our Digital Nomad Lifestyle Pinterest board
- A location independence-themed #OWSchat on Wednesday, July 27 from 9-10pm EST
…and even more!
Since that hasn’t quite kicked off yet, and we know you’re probably hankering to get your hands on some location-independent content, we thought you might appreciate a roundup of what’s already available:
- Sara + Cristina’s definitions (and personal stories) of location independence and digital nomadery
- Tips on: the must-have elements to rock a location-independent routine, how to stay fit on the road, and how to travel the world and keep all of your clients.
- Advice on how to get started: How to experiment with location independence, what to do as you prepare to hit the road, as well as six packing essentials.
- Round ups: The most surprising/unexpected thing these ladies have learned from being location independent, and the highs and lows of location independence.
- Digital Nomad Profiles: Susan Shain (of The Travel Junkette), Jill Stanton (of Screw the Nine to Five), Natalie Sisson (of The Suitcase Entrepreneur), Lis Dingjan of The Identity.
- One Woman Shop Chats With: The Bucketlist Bombshells on all things location independence
And finally, a reminder: We know that full-time travel + being a digital nomad isn’t a lifestyle for everyone. When we talk location independence, we mean setting up your business to have more choice in where and how you work. And if full-time travel is something you aspire to, we’ve got your back there, too!
Stay tuned! And, it’s still not too late to get involved. Use the hashtag #OWSdigitalnomad on social media to share your own stories with us, and see a few other ways to get involved here.
Happy July 🙂