Ready to get social?
Drop your email below to stay up-to-date on all things social media — tools, resources, best practices, and more!
Did you see our snazzy email signature back in the day (before Sara joined #TeamOWS)?
We’re not trying to brag — we just thought you might like to know how to incorporate social media buttons into your email signature in order to let your email contacts — whether they’re potential clients, customers, or hires- know that you’re active on social media.
Here are step-by-step instructions for inserting professional but fun social media buttons into your Gmail email signature (the steps for other email providers are very similar):
- Log in into your Gmail account
- Hover over the “gear” icon and select “Settings”
- Under the “General” tab, scroll down to the email signature box
- Under your name and other contact information, select the “Insert Image” icon
- Find social media icons (Canva has a great list of 49 sites where you can find free icons and both Icon Archive and IconFinder have good selections. You can also Google “free social media buttons“). Be sure to examine the copyright license to avoid any infringement before using any icons you find
- When you find social media buttons that you like, choose a size (we recommend 32 x 32) then right click on the image and select “Copy Image URL.” Go back to your email signature and paste the URL into the “Add an Image box.” If you are satisfied with the image preview, click “OK”
- Next, highlight the icon you just inserted and click the link icon (the one that looks like a chain). Here, input the URL that you would the user to go to if they click on one of your social media icons- for example, for a Twitter icon, we would enter http://www.twitter.com/onewomanshop
- Be sure to test the link. If problem free, repeat the process for all social media icons you hope to include.
- You’re done! Sit back, relax, and know that your email contacts now have an easy way of connecting with you on social media
Did you love this tutorial? Share the love by clicking to tweet below!