One Woman Shop was created for female solopreneurs and freelancers. That may sound like a pretty defined target demographic, but there are a ton of women who fit into the category of One Woman Shop. We could define our “ideal” community member by demographics like age, location, or industry, but these things mean so little to us…the world is flat, age is but a number, and we’ll wager a bet that every One Woman Shop shares at least some of the same struggles and glory moments.
So instead, we wanted to share 10 ways to know that you’ll fit right in here:
- You love a good pun, a well-placed curse word, and a unique new vocab word equally
- You’re pragmatic and matter-of-fact with a touch of idealism (and maybe even some unreasonableness — in the best way)
- You’re all about exploring new strategies and thrive on personal development, but at the end of the day, you believe in just getting shit done
- You consider yourself professional — with plenty of silliness thrown in
- You present your full self to your clients and customers, but know when to keep overly personal things personal
- You stray away from being overly cutesy, but aren’t afraid to acknowledge — and own — that you are indeed a woman
- You sometimes get jealous of other One Woman Shops you see, but are learning to channel your envy effectively to propel yourself forward with your own business
- You may have a set schedule or a flexible schedule, you may work insane hours, or you may take advantage of not having to put in 40+ hours per week — no matter your choice, you believe in making your business your own
- You have firm beliefs but recognize that most things in business — and life — aren’t black and white and that there’s always room for interpretation and difference of opinions
- You thrive on learning best practices from others but know that trusting your intuition is the most important
P.S. Don’t worry if you don’t relate to all of these — everyone is different (see #9!). But we usually find it safe to say that no matter your age, location, or industry, if you were nodding along to most of the above, One Woman Shop membership is for you.